2013-03-01

Prayer for a New Papa

Please join me in saying this novena for the election of next Holy Father who will take possession of the keys of St. Peter. As mentioned in a previous post, Holy Mother Church is in need of a strong, vigorous and righteous leader. Please pray for such a leader with me.


Conclave  Novena Prayer*

Lord Jesus Christ,
Son of the Father, send down your spirit over the conclave.
Let the Holy Spirit inspire the hearts of the cardinals,
that they may choose the man most pleasing to You,
as Successor of Peter and Your Vicar on Earth.
May Mary, Your Mother and Mother of the Church,
be our Advocate. Amen.
 
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love.
 
V. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created.
 
R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.
 
Let us pray:
 
O, God,  by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful,
grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations
 Through Christ Our Lord.
Amen.
 
Remember O, Most Gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help,
or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of Virgins, My Mother,
to thee do I come,
before thee I kneel,
sinful and sorrowful,
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency, hear and answer me.
Amen.

*Written by Dr. Mark Miravalle, Professor of Theology and Mariology, Franciscan University

No comments:

Post a Comment