2013-09-01

Birthday Reflections

Thirty years ago today, my dear, late mother drove me to university. It was my 18th birthday, as well, and I was so excited to take this next step into adulthood. I was filled with the same hope most other young men and women are filled with at this age. 

As I look back, I wonder, what has happened? How have we gone from a society so technologically advanced, so aware of the prior errors of previous generations (i.e. slavery, maltreatment of those with disabilities, etc.), to what we are now, on the verge of a new kind of dark ages?

If I sound old and warn, I am not, I promise. I am one of the most hope-filled individuals you could meet. However, the headlines of late, leave me feeling weary. The cry for tolerance of the last 50 years or so, has led to a lack of tolerance. The emphasis on freedom, has led to a restriction of freedom. The promotion of freedom of thought, has been hampered by a restriction of thought.

Today, people are being stripped of their livelihood because they are trying to live according to their beliefs, people are being terrorized for their faith, and the symbols of faith are on the verge of being stricken from the public square in even the most Christian of countries.

Oh, this is not news, you say? 

This is true. These incidents have been happening for years and are now increasingly frequent. There is a kind of wrath against Christianity that can only mean one thing:


Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.








 
Blessings,

Peter's Bride




No comments:

Post a Comment